Monday, September 12, 2022

Deaded Lurgi!

​Difficult to know, really, but whether it is COVID is difficult to determine given that we left the test kits in London. Nonetheless, I have been smitten with some sort of Lurgi. Having wandered along the Seine and up again to the Palais du Tokyo we returned via Metro to our joint near Rue Mouffetard. The plan was to have our last Parisian meal together at a little Italian restaurant nearby. I had been feeling less and less like my good-old self, but by the time I sat down with DJ at the chosen restaurant I was dead beat. Out of it. Stuffed!  I made my excuses and désolés and we backed out without ordering. We had booked for 7:30, but that was never going to happen. 

Feeling much better today, I am well in the way to making a speedy recovery. Wheeew!

The trip to Folegandros by plane from Orly or to Santorini was all one would expect. Last night in a small hotel and then up at Sparrow’s to catch a taxi to the port and on to Folegandros. I was expecting seasickness, but this, mercifully, didn’t happen. 


It’s another gorgeous Greek island, your Folegandros. A cab met us at the port and delivered us to our digs. Here we are, all set for some stunning adventures in the morning. Let’s see what happens …


Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. Sure the lurgi wasn't just an excuse to skip paying for a meal? I have never been to the Greek Isles so I will be watching your progress.
    The big boppa was chantilly lace, not Chantilly races. You can see why they needed a revolution when the horses were were housed like that but people lived in the streets

    ReplyDelete