Wednesday, April 07, 2010

3 More Sleeps

Yes, folks, three more sleeps and we are off and awaaaaayyyyy ...  Still too much to do before we can make the break a clean one, but there IS light at the end of the tunnel.  


I have been nervously looking at the weather in Ilkley (our starting-off point for the Dales Way Walk).  It has been VERY GLOOMY TO DATE, but it seems as though there is a strong possibility of some sunny days from Sunday (our first day) 4-12 Celsius to Monday 4-11 C.  That's as far ahead as my phone tells me.  It may just be that we can dodge some of the pretty 'uge raindrops that have been hovering about the dales for the past few months (years?).


Please post suggestions of what I have NOT thought to do before leaving for such a long time.  I can tell you what I HAVE don.  All bills have been scheduled for payment (including the rates).  Maggie has been shipped off to Grandma's (spent the day being spoiled quite rotten at Marinoa - a dementia hostel - today).  Tommy Frawley is going to do some mowing.  Jack Marshall (next door) is going to put out our bins on Monday and the house is going to be SECURELY LOCKED.


WHAT HAVE I FORGOTTEN?


[PS Please note that various ads appear on our blog.  Ignore them.  If these get SO ANNOYING that you can't bear to log on to our blog, let me know so that we can pursue some inquiries about getting them off.]

No comments:

Post a Comment