Friday, September 30, 2022

London

London has been great. There was a time when my attitude was that the best thing to do in London was to get out of it. That extreme approach has been tempered somewhat in the intervening years, though only ‘somewhat’. 

Ally has been pedaling off to work in the mornings, leaving us DJ and I to have a bit of a lie-in before heading off into Town on the big red double-decker bus - upstairs at the front, making sure we didn’t look like tourists. I have recorded most of these walks on Strava. 

There is no point detailing these walks in words, so here are some photos:





I wanted to tell this chap a joke to make him laugh. Here is the joke:  ‘Did you hear about the two peanuts walking down the Horseferry Road late at night?  One of them was a salted (‘assaulted’, get it?). However, I thought he might fall off his horse and lose his job. This would not have been a desirable outcome, so I didn’t. 

Toodles!


1 comment:

  1. Such restraint Graeme! I'm sure he would have loved that joke. We miss your jokes....well, let me reframe that - I miss your jokes. I think you've definitely earned lots of points in the Perfect Tourist Award for this effort.

    ReplyDelete